Sunday, October 6, 2013

C4K Summary for September

Batman's Blog
My first C4K was for a student named, "Batman". His blog post assignment for the week was to write a "This I Believe" post. In his post "God Is For REAL" he wrote about his developing relationship with God. He wrote about the day he was baptized and how after hearing the song lyrics "The mountains shack before him,The demons run and flee at the mention of the name, the king of majesty", that he felt graceful and surrounded by love and peace.
In my comment to him, I said that I admired his ability to be open and honest about his relationship with God. I loved how he spoke about his faith in God, through personal experiences.
Believe


Felisa's Blog
My second C4K was for Felisa, a fifth grader in Guatemala City. For her blog post, Felisa wrote a short story called "The Green Thumb:Scene". She wrote about a girl named Lizzie, who loved working in her garden. One day Lizzie woke up with a magical green thumb, which she used to help the environment by growing plants in her garden and the city she lived in.
In my comment to Felisa, I told her that I enjoyed reading her short story and that she seems like a student who cares about the environment and ways to make it better. I told her that I loved that her character Lizzie, was able to use her magical green thumb to make a difference in the world and make the people in her city happy.
Clip of art of Children Gardening


Anthony's Blog
My third C4K was Anthony, a year 7 student at Pt England School. For his blog post, he and his group members created a video about the events of 9/11.
In my comment to Anthony, I told him that I thought, he and his group's video was very creative and well put together. I also commented on their voice over, which was quite interesting.
9/11 as History
/

The Amazing Mackenzie's Blog
My fourth C4K was for Mackenzie, a fifth grade student in Wisconsin. In her blog post "Silence? while figuring out Brain Teasers with a Partner?!!" she wrote about the method she and her partner used to communicate with one another without speaking. She stated, that she and her partner had previously taken sign language in the fourth grade, and used this knowledge as their form of communications. She admitted that the project was hard, but, when they solved the brain teasers, they had felt pretty proud of themselves.
In my comment to Mackenzie, I told her that this was a very interesting task she and her partner had to complete. I stated, that I could only imagine how difficult it would be to communicate without having the ability to verbally interact with someone. I said that it was great how the two of them were able to use their prior knowledge of sign language to aide them in solving the brain teasers.
Silence

No comments:

Post a Comment