Tuesday, November 19, 2013

C4K Summary for November

Tui's Blog

My ninth C4K was for Tui, a year 8 student at Pt England School in Auckland, NZ. For her blog post, titled "Show not tell", she wrote about the after math of a plane crash in the jungle. There were 3 survivors: Kelly, an explorer and Jacob and Mike, two doctors, who were on their way to help kids in Africa. She wrote that they were surrounded by tall trees and didn't know North from South, but decided they would work together to find their way out of the jungle. She ended her post with "To Be Continued". 
In my comment to Tui, I told her that her story was very creative and interesting. I said that she gives her readers a very vivid description of the jungle and the plane crash. I told her that, I enjoyed reading her story and hope I get a chance to read the finished product.
The Jungle


My tenth C4K was for Emma, she is a student in Ms. Cassidy's first grade class. Emma and her classmates had been learning how to use colour to show feelings. To wrap up this unit, she and her classmates got to create a piece of artwork conveying any emotion of their choosing. In her blog post "Colours and Feelings" Emma painted a picture of happy. 
In my comment to Emma, I stated that I loved the artwork she had created. I told her, that I like the fact that we are able to express our feelings and emotions through colours. I told her she had done a great job and to keep up the good work. 
Emma's Painting of Happy

I also commented on Emma's Halloween blog post. She drew a picture of a leopard, which is what her Halloween costume was.
In my comment to Emma, I said, I see you were a leopard for Halloween. I told her my niece was supposed to be a Ladybug, but she got sick on Halloween. I told her that I hoped that she had fun and enjoyed herself.
Emma's Drawing of a Leopard

No comments:

Post a Comment